Mindel Scott

Miramar Legal Assistance

Please contact us at 858-307-1656 ext. 1 and request information about this letter. We will provide you with an email with the steps and instructions to register for this information session. Remember that you must first consult the memorandum of dissolution in order to use our legal services. The Legal Services Support Team is responsible for providing free legal and paralegal assistance to uniformed members, their families and dependents, retirees and other eligible clients with personal legal matters. “Family Members” or “Dependents” means persons on the Sponsor`s service file and/or holding a valid United States uniformed service identification and privilege card. Legal aid lawyers are available to assist clients with stepparent adoption, child support, consumer matters, contracts, debt and credit matters, immigration counselling, living wills, name changes, marriage separation agreements, spousal support, and notarization. 1) represent you in civil court or provide legal advice in criminal or civil matters. 2) Notify any person who is not on active duty or who is recalled to active duty.

We are Marines, judge advocates and legal service specialists – dedicated to defending our comrades and sailors by providing them with legal advice on all matters required by law, regulation or otherwise permitted. We are zealous advocates for our clients, serving independently of the local chain of command and under the supervision of the Marine Corps Defense Services Organization. We diligently represent each individual client in accordance with legal guidelines, in accordance with our professional ethics and rules. We carry out our tasks with self-sacrifice, motivation and pride, without fear of reprisal or expectation of professional or personal gain. In the same spirit as “Taking care of ours,” we are: “Marines defending the Marines.” New clients seeking legal advice should arrive between 8:00 a.m. and 11:00 a.m. on Tuesdays and Thursdays. **Note: We only provide notarial assistance to MCRD San Diego every Wednesday from 0800 to 1100 (Notary services outside of normal hours are available by appointment; please call 858-307-1656.) HELS provides FREE immigration law advice to students, staff, and faculty at community and state colleges in San Diego and Imperial Valley counties. Highly trained lawyers provide the academic community with culturally competent, trauma-informed and reliable expertise. Virtual and in-person appointments are available; However, on-site appointments are only available at the following colleges: CSU San Marcos and San Diego State University, Mira Costa College, Cuyamaca College, Southwestern College and San Diego City and Mesa Colleges. To access Miramar College`s HELS staff, visit the Dreamers Events page to find upcoming workshops.

Dissolution records are also kept at the Camp Pendleton and MCRD legal aid offices in San Diego. Please contact these locations for the dates and times of the information session. You can participate in the information session at any base; However, you must first consult the Memorandum of Dissolution in order to use our legal services. – Processing requests for legal services from tenant commandos – Representing the government in all court martial proceedings – Advising commanders on criminal investigations – Providing commanders with recommendations for the proper elimination of crimes committed by marines or sailors. – Provide military justice training to commanders, senior officers and legal officers in the unit, as required. Please contact the Probation Service section for specific questions or advice. The Defence Sector provides the following legal services and advice: 1) Plan, coordinate and conduct the defence of clients facing special court martial, general court martial and administrative discharge proceedings. 2) Legal advice to staff facing extrajudicial sanctions, summary courts martial, application masts, competency review panels and MCR 305 Preventive Detention (IRO) hearings. (3) Representation of clients during the procedure provided for in Article 32. 4) Defend officers against boards of investigation and field flight performance boards. 5) Ask for mercy from the convening authorities and correct errors in the documents according to the procedure.

6) Educate Marines and sailors on NJP fitness reports and rebuttals, BCNR and NDRB petitions, and administrative dumps. Counselling may include, but is not limited to: 1) NJP counselling. Please ensure that the statements, documents, evidence in support of the proposed NJP and the proposed entry in the unitary sentence book are ready for review by counsel during the consultation. Failure to do so may require the service member to return for further advice at a later visit. 2) Advice on administrative separations. Please bring a copy of all relevant documents with you. (3) General advice for any person who is or may be the subject of a criminal investigation or proceeding. 4) Advice on a correction proposal from the Board of Correction of Naval Records (BCNR).

5) Tips if you are facing a summary court martial. 6) Advice if you have received or are planning a negative fitness report. Legal advice and assistance to all commandos aboard Marine Corps Recruit Depot San Diego and Marine Corps Air Station Miramar in the field of military justice. Legal fees can be expensive, even just for a consultation. The services of the Higher Education Legal Services program are FREE, which means that a client or potential client does NOT have to pay out of pocket to receive advice, a legal assessment or complete an application. However, all processing fees charged by U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) are the responsibility of the applicant. USCIS fees may vary depending on the nature of the case. NOTE: Higher Education Legal Services may be able to assist eligible students with costs associated with DACA renewal fees while funds are available. For more information, visit the Miramar Dreamers DACA information page. Visit the USCIS website for a complete list of current fees. 1.) Q – Does your office offer NJP consulting services for Marines? A – No.

The Department of Defense offers this type of advice. Q. – Does your office advise Marines suspected of committing crimes? A – No. Here, too, we are prosecuting the authors. The Department of Defense offers this type of advice. 3.) Q – How do I get help completing a Legal Assistance Application (SLSR)? A – Call the Department of Military Justice after printing the RLS form below. 4.) Q – I was assigned as a summary court martial officer. What are the procedures? A – We have instructions and guidelines for summary court martial officials. Please call to get a copy and set up a course. Website: www.pendleton.marines.mil/Staff-Agencies/Legal-Services-Support-Team/Legal-Assistance/Services-Hours/ Anyone who is not currently affiliated with a California community college or California State University campus is eligible for services from JFS`s Department of General Immigration Services. To make an appointment, please email immigration@jfssd.org or call (858) 637-3365. If there is no answer, leave a message with your name, number and the reason for the call, as missed calls will not be returned.

Parties considering hiring lawyers from the Legal Aid Bureau to help you resolve your marriage should first consult a letter of dissolution. The dissolution letter takes place every Tuesday and Thursday at 0745 via ZOOM. The assignment covers basic California law governing the division of a married couple`s assets and debts. The letter also addresses the law regarding child custody and parenting plan issues. After attending the information session, you will have enough information to decide whether our firm`s mediation service is suitable for your dissolution. Contact information: LSST Miramar – 858-577-6573 DSN (267) 6260 Fax (858) 577-1734. We are located in Building 6275 aboard MCAS Miramar, next to the Navy Marine Corps Relief Society thrift shop and across from NBHC Miramar (Base Medical). You can also google “Navy Marine Corps Relief Society Thrift Shop at MCAS Miramar” as our office is located in the same building. Once you have participated in the dissolution letter and you and your spouse have opted for mediation, you can make an appointment. To set the mediation date, you must participate in the declaration of dissolution and then file an application with the court. Bring all documents related to your dissolution, including, but not limited to, court records: your current vacation and pay statement and/or pay stubs, bank account information, credit card information, and vehicle information.